🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mango Melting Moments

A5fefeba 20fc 4414 8211 bca0f6b4d356  food52 mango melting moments img 2727

I have a question about the recipe "Mango Melting Moments" from Emiko. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup "corn starch (corn flour)". To my knowledge, these are two VERY different ingredients. But I'm assuming corn starch is the correct ingredient here?

asked by Megan about 1 year ago

9415f039 d6dc 487a 8dce 9ff4e97bf9ae  emiko davies new portrait

Cornstarch (US English) is called corn flour in the UK and Australia (where these cookies come from!). So both are correct, it just depends where you come from! It's a starch, the sort used to thicken sauces. In baking, it's used for a delicate, soft crumb which is what you want here!