🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: A Spicy Perspective's Garlic Lime Oven-Baked Salmon

4de1cb10 c869 4974 9244 cd2b0ff3a0ee  fm6gqvgc0r85k3 l1bcef2nkn9yih9d vihc9pag8ho

I have a question about the recipe "A Spicy Perspective's Garlic Lime Oven-Baked Salmon" from Genius Recipes. Can you use Chicken instead of Salmon in this recipe?

asked by Thomas Carney 3 months ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

I don't see why not. The main difference is that chicken takes longer to cook than salmon fillets.

I suggest roasting the chicken at 350 degrees and adding the marinade/coating about 10-15 minutes before the chicken is done to retain some of the marinade's fresh qualities. My guess is that you'd want to coat the chicken about 10 degrees below the target internal meat temperature (which depends on the cut/part of chicken you are cooking). Don't look at a clock, monitor the temperature with a thermometer.

Good luck.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

If I like the flavors in a marinade I use them interchangeably between chicken and fish.

MMH

And I should also say especially pork tenderloin.