A question about a recipe: Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese, Quark, Prosciutto, and Gremolata

5bff8be5 76a6 49d5 bd2f 1f17f829524e  tomatocheesetart1

I have a question about the recipe "Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese, Quark, Prosciutto, and Gremolata" from Phyllis Grant. If I wanted to scale this up (to serve 8 - 10) do you think I could make this on a sheet pan and 1.5x the recipe? Thank you!

asked by hchambers86 over 1 year ago

Phyllis Grant

Absolutely. I love the idea of doing this on a sheet pan. Just make sure that you have a substantial border around the perimeter of the tart (see photo in recipe). Otherwise the contents of the tart will run everywhere. Let me know how it goes!

hchambers86

Thank you - I will! If I dont double it, what other pans do you think might work aside from a tart pan?

Phyllis Grant

It's nice to make this tart in something with a removable bottom. But if you don't have that option, press tin foil into any large casserole or cake pan. Make sure there is excess tin foil on the edges so that you can hold onto after the tart cooks. When the tart cools, you can just lift it out.

If I were doing this, I'd go ahead and make a double recipe. Easy math, gives 8-12 to generously serve 10 and/or have a little leftover for the cook's breakfast the next day.
Pan sizes for double recipe (alternatives to sheet pan):
* lasagna type pan (rough 9 x 13)
* two of original 9x9 squares.