A question about a recipe: Creamy Mushroom Soup

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Creamy Mushroom Soup" from MrsWheelbarrow. It says:

"Rough chop the mushroom stems and simmer them, covered, in the chicken broth for about an hour."
would it be alright to use turkey stock-I have a lot to use leftover stock? Love all of your recipes mrswheelbarrow! msjams42

• Posted by: bigmike1
  • February 21, 2011
9733d4f8 d809 4e0c 945d c13d95e22680  2016 0218 creamy mushroom soup mark weinberg 050
Recipe question for: Creamy Mushroom Soup

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow February 21, 2011

I think turkey stock would be great! (maybe reminiscent of turkey/mushroom gravy at Thanksgiving, right?) I've made this recipe with any kind of stock I have in the house... including making a mushroom stock from the stems, water and aromatics. Enjoy!

innoabrd
innoabrd February 21, 2011

Good homemade stock is always the best choice. Besides, most turkeys these days aren't far off in flavour from chicken! Actually, this is one of those questions that makes me want to tell the questioner: trust your instincts! Chicken broth is so dependent on how it was made and what went into it that your homemade chicken and turkey broths are likely to have more in common than, say, your chicken broth and something store bought.