did not brown bacon slices long enough

Making soup and I did not brown the bacon long enough and now i have soup with mushy bacon slices

asked by Pamela Ooten about 1 year ago

Beth

I wonder if you can strain them out, rinse off with water and try to sauté? It's worth a shot. If they are crunchy use them to garnish, if they are stiff squishy at least the flavour is in your soup already.

MMH
MMH

You could brown some more to your desired texture and then use it as a garnish. You will still have the flavor from the original bacon and the crunch from the garnish. I have a clam chowder recipe that calls for browned bacon. The veggies are sautéed in the fat and the bacon goes on top of the finished product.