A question about a recipe: Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap pecan crust

A80b682c 6e2c 45f2 a773 9fa1e0ff607c  img 2224 web

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap pecan crust" from Oh Sweet Day!. Can I use this crust recipe for 8x8 pan to make bars instead of a round cheesecake?

asked by Megan Jo about 1 year ago

figgypudding
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Hi Megan No,

The amount of crust in that recipe should work just fine in a square pan that size. My only concern would be that this crust can be crumbly, which is why it works well in a springform pan. You may have to sacrifice the first bar to get the rest of the bars out easily. Consider it a treat for you to taste.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

figgypudding
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Eek! Sorry about your name, Megan Jo! Autocorrect has a wicked sense of humor at times.

Oh Sweet Day!

Yes totally! Make sure you chill it long enough (overnight) before cutting it into squares. :)