🔕 🔔

When should spices be added to Red Wine Braised Cabbage?

https://food52.com/recipes...

Step 4 indicates that I should add everything except beets, maple syrup, and spices. It later indicates when the beets and maple syrup should be added, but I think I'm missing the step where it indicates the spices should be added? Step 8 would be my guess, but I want to be sure!

asked by abbi 24 days ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I'm guessing that by "seasonings" in step 4, AntoniaJames just meant the salt and pepper added to taste at the end with the maple syrup. The garam masala and everything else seems like it should go in at step 4, so it can all mingle while the cabbage is braising.

It makes so much sense now, thank you!

Of course! I get why it was confusing. Hope it's delicious!