🔕 🔔

In honor of my friend, who was promoted to an associate professor at Hopkins, his wife is throwing him a brunch next weekend and I offered to bring one of his favorites' Cinnamon Scones. I have been reviewing recipes on-line and in baking books, and I have narrowed my ideas to either scones w/ cinnamon chips or folding a buttery-cinnamon syrup into the batter. I have decided to use a R.L. Beranbaum Scone Recipe and replace "currants" for the cinnamon source...which idea will result in a tastier product?

asked by KitchenKim about 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

If you fold in a cinnamon syrup (I wouldn't make it too loose or it will change the consistency of the batter -- keep it more paste-like), it will disperse more and likely make them more fragrant.

8446617e 2a44 48d6 bb85 2f1dc3feb000  n768884774 851343 4507

Hi Amanda - Should I make a cinnamon-like strudel instead of a syrup and fold it into the batter at the end? Kim

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Cinnamon chips will be much easier to work with. You can drizzle the tops of the baked scones with a simple cinnamon glaze made with confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and hot water. I agree with Amanda - if you add a syrup to the dough, it will change the consistency and probably won't rise nicely. You can try a cinnamon streusel - that might work nicely. Scone dough is not batter-like though. More like a biscuit dough, so you'll have to kind of layer the streusel in at the end. Maybe press out your dough, lay the streusel on top, fold up like a letter, and cut out your scones.

C20e8bf4 d7fe 43c8 bbf4 618738c2519e  005jan kevin2a headshot 120

Here's a recipe for cinnamon scone: http://www.seriouslygood...