2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

I have two different brands of refillable olive oil misters, where you pump the top and then spray a thin mist of the oil. In the process of refilling, I did something and now I get a stream of oil as opposed to a mist. I have completely taken apart both misters and cleaned thoroughly and tried everything I can think of to get these working properly, to no avail. Any suggestions (other than buy a new one)?

asked by terryslo over 6 years ago
7cc1da46 0251 415a 9236 e1996276d93f  bluepages

Did you overfill them? I noticed this used to happen when I had too much oil in them and couldn't build up the pressure by pumping. Dump out half the oil and try again. Sadly, another problem is that the gaskets can wear out quite easily and won't hold in the pressure either -- I've never found a way to fix that. :(

Thanks for your response....I tried 10 different levels of oil when trying to get it to work. I guess I was just a little compulsive. It must be time for a new one.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.