Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

I have two different brands of refillable olive oil misters, where you pump the top and then spray a thin mist of the oil. In the process of refilling, I did something and now I get a stream of oil as opposed to a mist. I have completely taken apart both misters and cleaned thoroughly and tried everything I can think of to get these working properly, to no avail. Any suggestions (other than buy a new one)?

asked by terryslo about 6 years ago
7cc1da46 0251 415a 9236 e1996276d93f  bluepages

Did you overfill them? I noticed this used to happen when I had too much oil in them and couldn't build up the pressure by pumping. Dump out half the oil and try again. Sadly, another problem is that the gaskets can wear out quite easily and won't hold in the pressure either -- I've never found a way to fix that. :(

Thanks for your response....I tried 10 different levels of oil when trying to get it to work. I guess I was just a little compulsive. It must be time for a new one.