I see this Whole Foods has ramps. How do I cook them?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

Here are several great ways to enjoy ramps, suggested to us by a ramp forager named Hubert McCabe:

1. Dry-grill or broil, then finely chop and mix into salad dressing
2. Sauté with butter and mushrooms
3. Grill and toss with braised chicory and lemon vinaigrette
4. Butter-sauté and scatter atop eggs
5. Sauté with sugary late-harvest carrots and serve over pork ribs

For more on ramps, here's the whole story: http://www.food52.com/blog...

Panfusine

Just made an Indian style curry with baby fingerling potatoes & ramps, turned out fantastic. my 2 yr old is happily snacking on them.

lorigoldsby

My favorite ways are #4 from Kristen and i agree with Panfusine..they go so well with baby potatoes...that was my one of my recipes for this week's contest. The other is a breakfast dish that I'm hoping to post tomorrow.

Slow Cooked Pittsburgh

You can use ramps anywhere you would use onion, leek or garlic--same family. If you want to serve them as a presentation of themselves, roasting them is one good choice. Toss them in olive oil and salt, roast at high heat (at least 400) and watch for the ooey gooey carmalization. Use tongs to roll the ramps onto themselves for a lovely showing atop pasta or meats or a fat steak or potatoes...