I love making cheese straws, and typically use the Cooks Illustrated recipe. If you're interested I can e-mail it to you.

Cheffrey

I like to take some Riesling macerated strawberries, a little fresh thyme, and some Chevre and fold them up into small tarts and then brush them with cinnamon ginger butter and bake them. Then drizzle with a little warm honey and you've got a perfect dessert.

kmjesson

Mmmm..cinnamon pecan rolls! ( In a bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisin and pecan and put 1 Tbsp in each of 6 muffin cups. Coat the pastry sheet in butter, then cover one side in brown sugar and cinnamon. Slice into 6 pieces.Put the sliced rolls on top of butter mixture and bake.) Or artichoke spinach swirls, easy and delicious!

Stephanie G

I would roll that up into a chocolate roll quick! Just make yourself some little crossiant looking rolls by encasing some yummy 70% chocolate in the pastry. Bake and feast!

It all sounds delicious, you might have to get more puff pastry!

I love the savory (and hot - me and heat - add some red pepper flakes) cheese straws. I could eat a bucketful.

babytiger

Palmier is easy and great.

Also, puff pastry is great for making quick handpies using leftovers. Just make sure whatever filling you use aren't very wet or saucy. Colcannon, roasted vegetables and curries are some good choices.

Phoenix Helix

As usual, you guys rock! Choosing will now be the hard part....

ATG117

so versatile...you can make a quick tomatoe tart, especially great this time of year given the bounty of excellent tomatoes at the farmers market. Or, you might use a similar technique but go sweet instead. How about spreading some nutella or good preserves and topping wth berries.

Summer of Eggplant

I use it for pissaladiere.

Me too, Summer of Eggplant! And here's my recipe:

Heena

Mustard Batons from Dorie Greenspan:
http://www.doriegreenspan...
Simple and addictive.

I also have an Editor-tested recipe here for free-form Tomato Galettes, but the same principal can be applied and adapted - use pesto/mustard/chocolate/nutella as a base; tomatoes/roasted peppers/apples/pears/nuts as a topping - of course, not all at the same time : )

Droplet

I was going to mention palmiers too. A pot pie would be another option.

garammasala

You can make savoury palmiers with parma ham and gruyere cheese so morish you will have to buy more puff pastry

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

preheat oven to 375F. place puff sheet on silpat lined half sheetpan. brush sheet pf puff pastry with melted butter & sprinkle generously/evenly with sugar. brush another silpat with butter and lay butter side down onto sugared puff pastry. "sandwich" sugared puff with 2-3 sheetpans on top, to weigh it down. bake at high heat, setting your "first 'look-see'" timer for 15 minutes. bake until top caramelizes and puff is baked through. serve in hand-broken shards with fresh fruit & chantilly. mmmmcaramelized puff!