I have puff pastry and sooo many apples. What should I do? I'm partial to turnovers, but happy for any suggestions.

asked by @miglorious almost 8 years ago

Do you have ample space in your freezer? How much puff pastry do you have?

I have a 14 oz. tin of Dufour puff pastry, defrosted in my fridge. I wouldn't call my freezer space ample, but I'm intrigued -- what would you do with ample freezer space?

Legally Delicious

Tarte Tatin!

anyone

When I saw this post I immediatly thought of apple chedder studel.

nutcakes

One of my favorite desserts to make is Johnny Iuzzuini's (of Jean Georges) Rustic Apple and Pear Tart. It would be fine with all apples. It is on puff pastry, has a delicious cinnamon-orange almond cream on the bottom and a strusel on top. Impressive and so delicious. While it has several steps, all steps are easy. I don't make the dough in a circle, I just roll the dough in a rectangle and use a little extra of everything. Google Iuzzini rustic tart and it should be at the top

anyone

Nutcakes that 's nuts! wow that sound good. Great call!

whoa, this looks good. doesn't show a recipe, but it looks pretty simple. http://www.pedestrian.tv...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

The Union Square Cafe used to make a puff pastry apple tart. It was puff pastry with thinly sliced granny apples, a little ?butter and cinnamon and sugar, browned. Unbelievable. Also unbelievable that it's off the menu and i don't think it's in either of their cookbooks. Maybe Michael Romano still has it in notebook somewhere.