🔕 🔔

I have puff pastry and sooo many apples. What should I do? I'm partial to turnovers, but happy for any suggestions.

asked by @miglorious about 7 years ago

Do you have ample space in your freezer? How much puff pastry do you have?

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I have a 14 oz. tin of Dufour puff pastry, defrosted in my fridge. I wouldn't call my freezer space ample, but I'm intrigued -- what would you do with ample freezer space?

33f9559d 130c 45bb aca5 8215d1ce5a51  pastry dough package

Tarte Tatin!

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

When I saw this post I immediatly thought of apple chedder studel.

One of my favorite desserts to make is Johnny Iuzzuini's (of Jean Georges) Rustic Apple and Pear Tart. It would be fine with all apples. It is on puff pastry, has a delicious cinnamon-orange almond cream on the bottom and a strusel on top. Impressive and so delicious. While it has several steps, all steps are easy. I don't make the dough in a circle, I just roll the dough in a rectangle and use a little extra of everything. Google Iuzzini rustic tart and it should be at the top

Nutcakes that 's nuts! wow that sound good. Great call!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

whoa, this looks good. doesn't show a recipe, but it looks pretty simple. http://www.pedestrian.tv...

3e4ce454 f3f0 42fc 966a 344a062f4fca  apple turnover that looks totally epic

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

The Union Square Cafe used to make a puff pastry apple tart. It was puff pastry with thinly sliced granny apples, a little ?butter and cinnamon and sugar, browned. Unbelievable. Also unbelievable that it's off the menu and i don't think it's in either of their cookbooks. Maybe Michael Romano still has it in notebook somewhere.