2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

What is the best way to pack a loaf of banana bread for shipping?

What is best to wrap it in to keep it fresh -- foil, saran wrap, zip lock, combo?
And how to protect it in transport -- best buffering mechanisms for the box

asked by alasully over 5 years ago
496e3e21 39ca 4097 9452 893af2b65dbb  port2

I would first wrap it well in tin foil, wrap that in a bunch of cushioning paper towels, place it all in a plastic bag, then place it in a box that either fits right or fill out any remaining airy corners.

Lucky recipient!

Wholefoods user icon

What I do is first wrap in plastic wrap to keep it moist and then wrap in foil to keep it from breaking apart. Then I pack it in a box surrounded on all four sides with either eco-sytrofoam peanuts or crumpled newspaper.

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

You can also use some popped popcorn as a buffer instead of the shipping "peanuts"; they smell of chemicals sometimes and that might transfer onto and ruin your banana bread.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.