🔕 🔔

Dried chamomile flowers in a recipe?

In a rush, I grabbed a container of them instead of my harmony garden tea. I don't drink chamomile tea, so are there any recipes out there I can incorporate them into? They are good quality and I don't want them to go to waste.

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

asked almost 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Hmm - it's such a nice floral tea, what about making it and using it as the liquid to make rice - I did that with my Tea Rice but I used Earl Grey. Or you could make a tea and honey panna cotta, or ... tea poached pears? I will keep thinking.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

http://www.roostblog.com... This does use eggs, though. http://sweetbeetandgreenbean... this recipe is vegan and it looks so good!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

What if you also got some lavender flowers, citrus peel, dried mint, lemongrass, etc.... and made a tea blend for yourself to drink or to give as gifts? I found a chamomile creme anglais recipe on Epicurious, but don't think it's very vegan friendly.

You can use it to infuse alcohol with. It makes awesome cocktails. I recommend it in combination with any tea-blend spices. But be sure to pick something that won't completely wipe out the flavors...

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

I loooove all these ideas. Delicious. Thanks, team. Your suggestions have broadened my perspective on what can be done with them.