Dried chamomile flowers in a recipe?

In a rush, I grabbed a container of them instead of my harmony garden tea. I don't drink chamomile tea, so are there any recipes out there I can incorporate them into? They are good quality and I don't want them to go to waste.

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

asked about 7 years ago

Hmm - it's such a nice floral tea, what about making it and using it as the liquid to make rice - I did that with my Tea Rice but I used Earl Grey. Or you could make a tea and honey panna cotta, or ... tea poached pears? I will keep thinking.

http://www.roostblog.com/roost/celebrating-three-years-chamomile-honey-almond-meal-muffins.html This does use eggs, though. http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net/2010/02/27/grapefruit-and-mandarin-oranges-in-chamomile-jelly/ this recipe is vegan and it looks so good!

What if you also got some lavender flowers, citrus peel, dried mint, lemongrass, etc.... and made a tea blend for yourself to drink or to give as gifts? I found a chamomile creme anglais recipe on Epicurious, but don't think it's very vegan friendly.

KingKelsey

You can use it to infuse alcohol with. It makes awesome cocktails. I recommend it in combination with any tea-blend spices. But be sure to pick something that won't completely wipe out the flavors...

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

I loooove all these ideas. Delicious. Thanks, team. Your suggestions have broadened my perspective on what can be done with them.