🔕 🔔

Does anybody have a great recipe for a chocolate croissant/pain au chocolat? Any tips on perfecting the flaky, layered texture?

asked by Nel about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have never made a croissant but have heard from people that have that Julia Childs recipe in "Baking with Julia" is excellent. Do you have that book? I don't know if the recipe is available online but I would check. I trust almost anything that comes from Julia Child and I doubt you would go wrong with one of her recipes.

I used this http://www.ochef.com/r203... and would recommend using just one packet of yeast. I had a food picked while making it and got some great help from this forum ;) I did post a picture of the final result in my pickle http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

Nel

Thank you so much for both answers so far!!

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Tartine cookbook has an amazing recipe that will turn out perfectly and flaky every time

Joanne Chang's cookbook, Flour, has a great recipe.