Fish sauce: shelf life?

I have a bottle of it in kitchen cabinet, there is no expiration date, and as it is brined/vinegar based, I'm guessing it will be good, It does not say on bottle to refrigerate after opening, and I'd like to use it in a soup I am making soon...and yes, it's been in the cabinet for 'awhile.'

asked by toddnyc almost 7 years ago

This question was asked about 3 months ago this will be helpful.
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

When I use it, I use a lot of it, and when I don't, it sits in the cupboard. I haven't killed anyone yet, including myself. As a general rule, if a food doesn't show an expiration date, it essentially doesn't have one. I know, that can be a little scary, but there you have it.