🔕 🔔

Is it safe to wrap and cook a turkey breast in plastic wrap and foil?

I would like to try Torrisi's recipe in the NYT - you can read the procedure here: http://www.nytimes.com..., but I just wasn't sure if standard Saran wrap could stand up to 250 degrees. I read that the foil serves as protective insulation to transmit the heat without melting the plastic but just didn't want to have Thanksgiving riding on this theory!

asked by vagregory almost 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd probably use industrial strength (i.e. restaurant quality) plastic wrap -- only unfortunate thing is that you usually have to buy a great big thing of it. Any chance you know someone with a restaurant and could borrow what you need?