Thanksgiving might feel like ages ago (do you even remember what you made for dessert?), but we haven't forgotten this one-pot, one-blender, one-hour meal. Maybe because we've made it every night since?
Watch the video for how to make it, then check out the recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 10 or so curry leaves, divided (optional but worthwhile)
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 5 cups water
- 4 teaspoons fine grain sea salt, divided
- One 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small serrano or other hot chile, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro (stems are fine), plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion tops, bottoms reserved for serving
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1 or 2 small delicata squash, cut lengthwise then cut into 1/2- to 1/4-inch half-moons
What's the one dish you've made the most this winter? Tell us in the comments below!