🔕 🔔

I've boiled down apple cider vinegar with double the water, garlic, peppercorns, kosher salt and a but of sugar. HATE the smell.

Also brined some peppers. HATE the smell.

asked by Tasha almost 4 years ago

Is it the vinegar-y odor or just the odor of the spices that you dislike?

C1ea1f13 8f50 4d99 a9f7 06ed2b62c690  image

Not sure but it has a foul odor. Don't think it's the spices. Maybe too much onion?

What recipe are you using? If you are pickling jalapenos, I'm not sure why you are "boiling down" the brine and why you are using double the amount of water to vinegar. Most recipes has a 1:1 ratio of vinegar to water and the brine is brought to a boil and only simmered for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar & salt dissolves.