I used all purpose instead of self rising flour and my cobbler is done. Will it taste terrible?

I made the "Cuppa Cuppa Sticka" Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with all purpose flour instead of self-rising. Baked for an hour. Is is still salvageable?

Zainab Khan
Zainab Khan July 30, 2016

Don't worry -- the texture might be a little bit dense, but it should taste just as delicious!

Suzy Allen
Suzy Allen July 30, 2016

Good enough to bring to a BBQ at my boss' house?

Voted the Best Reply!

Susan W July 30, 2016

Personally, I would think the "cake" part of it will be similar to cement with no leavening. The only way to know for sure is to taste it. I wouldn't serve it to others without trying it. If it isn't up to snuff, could you scoop out the fruit and use it as a sort of compote over purchased or homemade angel food cake, pound cake, biscuits or even just over some excellent vanilla ice cream? This may be a time for repurposing.

PHIL
PHIL July 30, 2016

I agree with Susan, it is supposed to be cakey. I would taste a piece of the "cake" part to see if it is to hard. Good Luck

BerryBaby July 30, 2016

Without baking powder, it's going to be like a rock IMO. I agree with SusanW, use the filling and make it into something else, I'd say a crisp would be very easy.