🔕 🔔

Sodium amount in Polar Sliced Shitake Mushrooms

https://www.walmart.com...

Hello, I'm looking to use these mushrooms in a stew that I make. However I'm trying to make things low in sodium and from the nutritional label these are high in sodium. These come in a can with liquid. I was curious as to how much of the sodium listed there would be in the actual mushrooms if the liquid were drained. In other words, how much of that sodium would be kicked if just the mushrooms were consumed?

I know shitake mushrooms in general are very low in sodium content, so I was wondering how much of the sodium listed here is actually in the mushrooms, since I intend to drain the liquid before putting them in. (Or otherwise look for alternatives)

asked by Mushroom Kingdom 26 days ago
731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I don't think anyone would be able to confidently decide that without understanding the process used by the company.

Why not use fresh shiitakes? Or a slightly less expensive mushroom?