🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Green Beans with Apricots and Serrano Ham

Ebec6e52 336c 4413 a682 d5cf91f3b345  053111f 522

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Green Beans with Apricots and Serrano Ham" from amanda. It says:

"Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, place the apricots in a bowl and pour over the sherry and ½ cup boiling water (yes, you can take it from the pot of boiling water!). Let the apricots sit and plump while you prepare the rest of the ingredients."

Should I still add the boiling water if the apricots are fresh? Or just the sherry?

asked by MaryDD about 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

No, I'm sure not! If they are fresh, they are already plump. Sounds very yummy, have a great dinner.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

MaryDD -- sorry not to answer sooner, I was on an airplane without internet. If you're using fresh apricots, there's no need to soak them. I should have said that in the recipe.