🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Green Beans with Apricots and Serrano Ham

Ebec6e52 336c 4413 a682 d5cf91f3b345  053111f 522

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Green Beans with Apricots and Serrano Ham" from amanda. It says:

"Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, place the apricots in a bowl and pour over the sherry and ½ cup boiling water (yes, you can take it from the pot of boiling water!). Let the apricots sit and plump while you prepare the rest of the ingredients."

Should I still add the boiling water if the apricots are fresh? Or just the sherry?

asked by MaryDD over 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

When I made this with fresh apricots, I just added the sherry--just a bit.

The boiling water is only for re-hydrating the dried product. I didn't add any more salt to the apricots.