A question about a recipe: Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Cardamom and Yogurt

29aa0ddf ebaa 4ea5 ac1d cad6ab6312e8  2017 0629 roasted butterflied chicken with cardamom and yogurt rocky luten 016

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Cardamom and Yogurt" from TasteFood.

asked by rayva over 6 years ago

You forgot the rest of your question!

Oh I see your question further down. You're asking whether the marinade will scorch if you make it with chicken thighs rather than a whole spatchcocked bird. The answer is that you'll want to cook them for a shorter time and keep an eye on them. You can see in the pictures that the whole chicken gets dark, so don't avoid all darkening. But no, I would not recommend removing the whole marinade--I've made this dish a couple of times, and that coating is a key to its being really delicious.

rayva

I found the question process incredibly confusing. so far as I know I typed my question and "entered it, but apparently I didnt. The question was whether to remove excess marinade since I'm using skinless bone-in thighs. It's like a tandoori recipe in that case, but since I'm roasting instead of grilling I don't want it to burn. ideas?

rayva

oh, and now i see your answer greenstuff, thanks, that was my inclination!

Not to worry, rayva. You're going to end up with the dinner that you like!