Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- We happily snacked on some of the tastiest quick bread we've ever had.
- Amanda and Merrill pulled together a killer #NotSadDeskLunch (that included this Genius recipe).
- We still don't know why clams are so happy, but we figured out 13 ways we want to cook them.
- We learned to make (and then guzzled) an underappreciated drink called switchel.
- And a simple hack to get sweeter, juicier pineapple.
- Samantha told us about the sandwich that made New York feel like home.
- We started to make room on our shelves for the cookbooks coming out this fall.
- Izy Hossack showed us that you can eat really, really well with just a camping stove and a cast iron skillet.
- We heard the story behind Martha Stewart's Genius One-Pan Pasta, and riffed on it seven times.
- And learned how to choose white paints for our walls (finally!).
- Couscous saved a dinner party! And it can save yours, too.
- Nik Sharma gave us the lowdown on ghee.
- We learned we can have it all! At least in zucchini bread.
- Salad got a bad rap in one article, and Ali came to salad's rescue.
- Someone finally gave us a good list of bar cart essentials.
- We'll never be without the right knot again.
- We got a rainbow in our CSA! Here's what we made with it.
- Little kids and big kids alike will be getting homemade fruit leather roll-ups in their lunchboxes on Monday.
- Our latest #f52contest went live. The winner gets a signed copy of our Baking book!
- Speaking of which, our Vegan book isn't just for vegans.
Monday and Friday photos by Alpha Smoot, Tuesday photo by Bobbi Lin, Wednesday and Thursday photos by James Ransom