Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this weekend.
- We considered the merits of salt baking.
- Did Daylight Savings trip you up? We wrote a haiku (or two) to help you get over it.
- Cinnamon rolls grew up right before our eyes.
- We collected some weekend reading; consider it bonus Monday lunch reading.
More from last week:
- Yotam Ottolenghi and Heidi Swanson stopped by the office and we fainted celebrated!
- Leslie came to the rescue after the bad news about meat came out this week.
- Riddley shared a moving story about tension behind ever-changing relationships and the comfort of recipes that stay just the same.
- NSDL hit the road!
- Sarah made the case for bringing canned coffee stateside.
- Our childhood dreams came true when Teresa Floyd showed us how to make chocolate roll snack cakes.
- Caroline had some words of wisdom for those who don’t yet, but are willing to like beer.
- Gabi shared some of her favorite, spookiest Halloween movies and what to pair them with.
- We revealed the winner for Your Best Savory Apple Recipe contest!
- Samantha had some advice for keeping herbs going all year long.
- Ali had some strong words for Seamless.
- Amanda gave some thought to the age-old question: What is the best kind of table for a dinner party?
- Fiveandspice shared the Do’s and Oh Please Don’t's of wine-drinking.
- Ashley Rodriguez opened our eyes to the magic of sweet potato casserole with DIY fluff.
- Leslie cooked her way to serenity.
- We announced our latest #f52contest: Share your #notsaddesklunch!
- Mario Batali told us his favorite thing to cook when it's cold out.
- And we busted some wacky, wonderful food myths.
Monday and Thursday photos by James Ransom, Tuesday photo by Mark Weinberg, Wednesday photo by Rocky Luten, Friday photo by Bobbi Lin