Busy weekend? Here's what you may have missed on our site.
- We consulted you to figure out your best tricks for making meatloaf.
- And then talked about tricks of our own, in seventeen beats.
- Catherine told us about the platypus of the fruit world (and what exactly to do with it).
- And Posie did some investigative cookie research. Tough job, right?
- Jessica Comingore gave us eight reasons to love sheepskin.
- We learned what Alice Medrich really cooks when she’s not busy baking up the best.
- And it turned out that cinder blocks can actually have a place in the kitchen too.
- We also shared the recipe our community member Kylie Thompson is most proud of, an earthy farro salad full of mushrooms and crispy, crispy beets.
- We gave you a first look at Marcella Hazan’s final cookbook.
- And discussed why turmeric is leaving its golden fingerprints on everything, from lattes to oatmeal.
- Then Emiko gave us a little language lesson with a heaping side of farrotto.
- And we said a bittersweet goodbye to citrus (and reminded ourselves that you can preserve more than lemons!).
- Amanda S. shared your best tips for an all-natural spring cleaning.
- We taught you some very crucial cocktail math (and how to turn it into 8 drinks!).
- And then we learned the proper Polish way to make pierogis.
- Plus, Kristen shared a genius trick for cooking kale, and now we’re pretty sure we’ll never cook the stuff any other way.
- We gave you a chance to win a Cristel Space-Saving Fry Pan! You can still enter, by the way.
- Erin taught us how to avoid a disasterous soggy-bottomed quiche. (Phew!)
- And we learned what makes this cake so special—besides the fact that it contains a whole orange, peel and all!
- Finally, we mourned the very sudden and tragic loss of architect Zaha Hadid.
- We asked for your help choosing our next cookbook topic! Don't know about you, but I'm crossing my fingers for An Illustrated History of Butter Keepers.
- We also announced Grey Apron, our new meal kit delivery service.
- And revealed our secret to success—breakfast.
- Finally, Amanda and Merrill delivered a special message, and explained how you can own a little piece of Food52.