Busy weekend? Here's what you may have missed on our site.
- We learned what the heck a brotform is and our weekend bread-baking projects got a little bit easier.
- And raised our glasses of lemonade in honor of Beyoncé.
- We told you about four recipes we cooked up in the test kitchen this week that were simply too good to keep to ourselves.
- And celebrated the marriage of candy and cookies.
- Caroline Lange shared all of our best tips to get your indoor garden growing.
- Our Partnerships Editor, Samantha Weiss-Hills, made the case for using “lesser” cuts of meat with the help of Belcampo Meat Co..
- And talked through some of the best and most curious alcohol subscription services out there.
- Plus, we gave you a chance to win a beautiful porcelain Pillivuyt cake stand!
- We gave you a good-spirited guide for stocking your home bar.
- Sarah Jampel investigated the possibility of vegetarian lox—and it turns out it is possible... and good, even!
- Amanda Sims compiled all our secret and not-so-secret favorite outdoor spots in N.Y.C. Hope to see you there!
- Oh, and pea milk is a real thing now. Peas!
- We announced our latest contest on our (Not)Recipes app! And we can’t wait to see the best (not)recipes your mama’s taught you to make.
- Marcella Hazan’s white bean soup joined our Genius ranks.
- Whipped cream got a vegan makeover.
- And we ran through a few things to consider when contemplating a kitchen remodel.
- Is it worth it to cook a whole chicken for one? Our doubts were cast aside when Kristy Mucci told us about this recipe.
- Our Managing Editor, Kenzi Wilbur, chatted with our fearless Creative Director, Kristen Miglore, about what makes a recipe truly Genius on a new episode of Burnt Toast!
- We also figured out how to make pancakes for breakfast even faster (and there was plenty of celebration over this).
- And Lindsay-Jean Hard taught us all about what else we get from sugarcane (besides, you know, sugar).
- Happy Earth Day! We took a second to think about what it really means to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- And laid out some tools to help us all do our part to fight food waste.
- Mario Batali got on board, too, and told us how to make the best of "ugly" vegetables.
- We didn't forget about Passover: We shared a last-minute matzo dessert sure to please anyone at your seder table.