Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- What's a shrub? Well, now we know.
- Renée Kemps got us to stop seeing zucchini and start seeing dinner.
- These figs pulled out all the stops!
- We tested 16 different pest control myths—here are the ones that worked for us.
- Lindsay-Jean walked us through how to keep tomatoes fresh for longer.
- Our intern Riddley moved us with her piece on pancakes and so much more.
- Samantha told us that tiki drinks aren't tacky, but, in fact, quite lovable.
- This recipe for Cherry Chip Cake revved our nostalgia.
- Kristen found another Genius recipe, and it's one we can make in just 8 minutes.
- Michelle Peters-Jones sang the unsung ingredient amchur powder.
- All our "What's for dinner?" musings were muted after we learned to make Garlicky Chinese Greens.
- We dared you to test your burger expertise in a quiz.
- And encouraged you to flex your green(ish) thumbs by giving houseplants a try.
- Hannah Messinger convinced us that we can and should eat cookies for breakfast (!).
- And Ashley Rodriguez dispelled the myth that you need to temper eggs to make creamy, dreamy ice cream.
- One of our editors gave us 17 reasons we should pack our bags for Grand Rapids, Michigan...
- ...While another editor asked the community where she should go during 2 weeks in Rome.
- Erin schooled us in the art of the English muffin.
- Eat like a local wherever you are—this week, on Cape Cod.
- We debated: Does putting cheap vodka through your average water filter make it better?
Monday and Wednesday photos by Alpha Smoot, Tuesday and Friday photos by James Ransom, Thursday photo by Hannah Messinger