Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- Marian Bull kicked off our advice column, Dear Abby Food52, with an interesting, but familiar problem: What to do when your host insists you do nothing?
- Kendra Vaculin took a bold stand against breakfast potatoes.
- Amanda had us seeing double… rugs.
- We came to terms with the fact that not all of us can be Heidi Swanson (or have as well-stocked a pantry)—but we can pretend.
- Food nerds rejoice! J. Kenji López-Alt’s The Food Lab was everything we hoped it would be.
- We got to know more about our asstant editor, sweet Caroline. She’s kind of a big deal.
- We went nuts for coconut, in all its many, many, many forms.
- Erin blew our minds (and made our hearts grow three sizes) with pasta pie. What? Yes! Pasta. In pie form. Pasta pie.
- Leela Punyaratabandhu taught us a few tricks for making the perfect sticky rice. The best part? No fancy tools required.
- We rounded up everything you need to get on the at-home fermentation bandwagon.
- Skye | From My Dining Table pointed out that hosting friends and family with dietary restricions might seem like a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be a challenge.
- Rémy Robert proposed that the best way to enjoy a lazy weekend is with some slow cooking.
- Brette Warshaw discovered that there is (way) more than one way to make chicken soup.
- We revealed the finalists for Your Best One-Pot Meals! Cast your vote now!
- Tamara Lover, D.W.S. reminded us that there's no need to fear branching out from your good old standby wine. You might find one you like even more!
- No corkscrew? No problem.
- We heard the story of a Bangladeshi political science teacher turned baker who, for the past five years, has shared her skills (and her chapati recipe) with Hot Bread Kitchen.
- We put together a list of 15 glorious gluten-free goodies to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Erica Strauss showed us how to keep our spaces smelling fresh with some very essential oils.
Monday and Tuesday photos by James Ransom, Wednesday photo by Bobbi Lin, Thursday photo by Alpha Smoot, Friday photo by Food52