Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this weekend.
- We chatted with the Peg and Awl, the makers behind the Food52-exclusive Reclaimed Wood Kitchen Cubby.
- We also came up with a few things to keep in it.
- Cereal cocktails!
- Freezing bread is the best way to keep it fresh for a long time—we figured out the best way to defrost it.
- Posie Harwood found a better pumpkin loaf.
- What on Earth do you eat the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? The Food52 community shared their holiday eve traditions.
- Kristen gave us 32 Genius Recipes to whip out for Thankgiving.
More from last week:
- We kicked off Pie Week with 14 pies to make this fall.
- We gave you a pop quiz of food in art.
- Chinese take-out got a run for its money.
- Kenzi put together everything you ever wanted to know about Thanksgiving.
- You always wondered how caterers pull it all off, so we got the 411.
- Sarah blinded us with science.
- All our deep-fried cheese dreams came true.
- Josh Friedland schooled us in the history of food inside of food inside of food inside of...
- Though it needs no vindication (because it is delicious), Caroline came to the defense of milk chocolate's good name.
- Amanda found some great ideas to get your home smelling fall-fresh.
- We combined four beautiful words to spectacular results: Deep. Dish. Pot. Pie.
- Popcorn for breakfast? OKAY!
- Leslie broke it to us gently: tea really does have an expiration date. But not all is lost!
- We found that Cake vs. Pie is a thing... but it doesn't have to be.
- Green bean casserole got sexy.
- Riddley got to the bottom of baking fat basics.