Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this weekend.
- Lindsay-Jean got us excited about black garlic.
- Things got pretty cozy.
- Gabi spoke with Tom Colicchio and he had something to say about food waste.
- Posie Harwood asked us to consider lard.
- The Food52 community hung its head in collective shame and shared some of their biggest kitchen disasters. And everyone felt a little less alone!
- Apple peels and cores found new life where it was least expected.
- We announced October's Hotline MVP!
More from last week:
- Amanda's stoop sale was a success!
- Leslie asked us to consider the ethics of eating pesto.
- Seized-up chocolate? Alice Medrich can (and did) fix it.
- Caroline made sure no one ever tossed their egg whites again and they all lived happily ever after.
- Emiko told us everything we need to know before stepping into an Italian market.
- We were so glad to matcha.
- Treasure hunting? We shared a few of our favorite spots for thrifting and antiquing in NYC.
- Safety-minded Kristen closed out our Shop Staff Picks video series with her favorite item from the Food52 shop.
- Mystery! Intrigue! Dinner! Amanda set a table that gave us chills.
- Brooke Bass made a case for savory cobbler (an agenda we fully support).
- We rounded up some of our favorite Halloween candy for you to make and eat!
- Fiveandspice gave us something to cackle about in a delightful witch's brew.
- We collected and considered the thirty most important qualities of a good home cook.
- In Very Important News: Sarah changed lives and toast-buttering techniques.
- Cristina Sciarra made a modest, universe-altering claim.