Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- We got all swoony about prune plums, thanks to Alice Medrich.
- And then realized two of our editors made Marion Burros' plum cake over the weekend!
- Leslie got around to stocking her first kitchen and told us about it.
- We tested out a bunch of travel hacks—with excellent results.
- Nancy Singleton Hachisu curated a Shop collection for us, and taught us to make miso paste.
- We talked to a wine expert about trendy orange wines.
- Teresa Floyd taught us a speedy way to make ganache, and now we'll never be without truffles again.
- And Elizabeth Stark talked us through her recipe creation process.
- Amanda guided us through how to create the clean, tidy pantry of our dreams.
- We resolved to stop throwing out the best part of the watermelon.
- And mused on some cookbooks we wish existed.
- We also debated when and how to get kids into the kitchen.
- Nik Sharma gave us a lesson in lassis.
- Our latest podcast episode came out! Your little heart just might melt.
- Where does alcohol come from, anyway? Emily Vikre gave us the lowdown.
- We peeked enviously into the home of food writer Mina Holland.
- We learned to ice-dye—the new tie-dye.
- And listened to a bunch of our favorite food podcasts.
- Yossy Arefi did it again, this time with a bee sting cake.
- We, uh, toasted our fellow media companies. Here's what we think they're drinking.
Monday and Tuesday photos by James Ransom, Wednesday photo by Mark Weinberg, Thursday photo by Nik Sharma, Friday photo by Bobbi Lin